Types of Personal Injury Cases
At JJC Law, we handle a wide range of personal injury cases, including:
Auto accident: Car accidents are one of the most common personal injury claims. The other driver’s insurance company is going to attempt to settle for a much lower amount than the claim is worth. We help make sure you get fair compensation.
18 Wheeler accidents: When an 18 wheeler is involved in a car accident, it is important to consult with experienced personal injury attorneys. These accidents involve more complex liability issues because of federal regulations for trucking companies and truck drivers.
Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycle accidents are most often caused by the behavior of other drivers on the road. We will fight for you to get compensation if another vehicle is responsible for your accident.
Defective product claims: Even years after a product has been sold, companies can be held liable for injuries caused by a defective or dangerous product. If you have been injured by a defective or dangerous product, contact the personal injury attorneys at JJC Law to discuss your case.
Premises liability claims: These claims often arise when a person is injured on another’s property because of something that the property owner failed to do, such failing to clean oil or grease off the floor or allowing a set of stairs to fall into a state of dangerous disrepair.
Wrongful death cases: If you lost a loved one in an accident, you may be able to file a wrongful death claim. Our personal injury attorneys can explore your options with you and help you get the justice you deserve.
Medical malpractice: If a doctor, nurse, or other medical professional makes a mistake that causes you harm, you may be able to file a medical malpractice claim.
Offshore accidents: Oil rig, commercial diving, or other offshore accidents may be the result of poor safety standards or negligence. If you have been injured in an offshore accident, contact our firm for assistance with your injury claim.
Traumatic brain injuries: If you have been the victim of a traumatic brain injury caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost earnings, and other damages.
The Benefits of Hiring Injury Lawyers vs Handling Your Claim Alone
While hiring an attorney is not required to file a personal injury claim, there are many benefits of doing so. Some of the reasons why you should hire a New Orleans personal injury lawyer include:
- An experienced attorney can make sure your claim is properly handled and help avoid common mistakes that may harm your case.
- You will have a professional legal advocate who knows what it takes to build a strong case to maximize your chances of success.
- You will gain valuable advice on the financial costs involved in pursuing your claim and what type of damages you can seek.
- You can focus on recovering from your accident and let someone else worry about dealing with the insurance companies.
Hiring an attorney can give you peace of mind that your case is in good hands. The New Orleans personal injury lawyers are here to help you with all aspects of your case, including negotiations with insurance companies and court representation if your claim goes to trial.
Types of Damages in Personal Injury Cases
Many types of damages may be available in a personal injury claim. If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for the following:
- Physical pain and suffering. This includes both short-term physical injuries, such as bruises and cuts, as well as long-term symptoms, like chronic back pain.
- Emotional and mental distress. This can include anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Disability or loss of quality of life. The type and severity of your injury will determine how much you can recover for lost wages, decreased earning capacity and other effects on your day-to-day life.
- Loss of consortium. When a parent or spouse is injured, family members can often file a claim for the loss of their loved one’s companionship and guidance.
- Medical expenses. These include the cost of past, current, and future medical treatment.
- Funeral costs and burial fees. This includes any costs associated with preparing the body for burial or cremation, as well as the cost of a plot and headstone.
Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Injury Claims in New Orleans
In most cases, the statute of limitations for personal injuries in Louisiana requires that cases must be brought within one year after the date the accident occurred. Read more about the statute of limitations
That’s impossible to answer; every case is different. Generally, though, it takes 1-3 months to gather evidence and records together. Once the investigation is complete, negotiations may start with the insurance company, or the insurance company may refuse to negotiate without a lawsuit being filed. We can handle either situation. Read more about how long accident cases take
The New Orleans personal injury lawyers at JJC Law work on a contingency basis, which means we do not receive money unless they win your case; there is no upfront cost and no risk for you. Read more about how much it costs to hire a personal injury attorney
Get Help from JJC Law Today
If you were injured in an accident, contact the New Orleans personal injury lawyers at JJC Law today. We are here to help you recover money for your claim and hold negligent parties accountable for their actions.
For a free case evaluation, call our office at (504) 513-8820 or fill out the contact form below.