JJC Law handles a multitude of motor vehicle cases involving cars, trucks and motorcycles. We also assist clients with property damage insurance claims that arise out of motor vehicle accidents. A New Orleans motor vehicle accident lawyer of ours can protect your rights and get you the maximum payout if you are ever involved in a motor vehicle accident.
If you have been in a motor vehicle accident, you know how frightening and overwhelming the experience can be. You may be dealing with physical injuries, as well as emotional stress and confusion about how to pay for your medical bills and lost time at work.
It is important to remember that you are not alone. The New Orleans motor vehicle accident attorneys at JJC Law understand what you are going through and want to help you get the information and support you need. We are here to answer any questions you may have about your accident and what to expect from the legal process.
Types of Motor Vehicle Accidents
There are many different types of motor vehicle accidents, but some of the most common include:
- Car accidents: Car accidents are the most common type of motor vehicle accident. They can happen when one driver is not paying attention, is driving too fast, or is under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Sometimes they occur because of mechanical problems with the car, bad weather or poor road design.
- Truck accidents: Truck accidents are often more serious than car accidents because of the size and weight of the vehicles involved. Truck drivers have to follow different rules than other drivers, and trucking companies are required to maintain their vehicles and follow safety regulations.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycle accidents can be particularly dangerous because motorcyclists do not have the same protection as people in other vehicles. In most cases, motorcycle accidents occur because another driver did not see the motorcycle or did not give the motorcyclist enough space.
What to Do After a Motor Vehicle Accident
If you have been in a motor vehicle accident, there are some important things you should do to protect your rights:
- Seek medical attention: Your health should be your top priority after an accident. Even if you think your injuries are minor, it is important to see a doctor or go to the emergency room. Some injuries, such as whiplash, may not be immediately apparent.
- Get contact information from the other driver: You will need to exchange insurance information with the other driver. If possible, you should also get the other driver’s name, address, phone number and email address.
- Take photos of the accident scene: If you can, you should take photos of the accident scene, including any damage to the vehicles and any injuries you or your passengers have sustained.
- Speak to witnesses: If there are any witnesses to the accident, you should get their contact information so that they can be interviewed later if necessary.
- Call the police: The police will create a report of the accident, which can be used as evidence later.
- Contact an experienced motor vehicle accident attorney: An experienced attorney can help you understand your legal rights and options and fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Get Help from Experienced New Orleans Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys
At JJC Law, our experienced New Orleans motor vehicle accident attorneys are here to help you through this difficult time. We will fight to get you the compensation you deserve for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Contact us today at (504) 513-8820 for a free consultation.